Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chaucer and crayons, Shakespeare and a toilet paper roll perhaps??


It is my day off...fInALly...and Monday begins a 60 hour work week...transitioning out of 1 job, starting a new seasonal job and working hard at the other new job...so today no work....just play...and rest!

So thought I would try something fun. I wrote in my previous post on sundapplednest something about using items from crafting days of childhood in some altered art projects...soooo that is what Iam gonna to do. The fun gypsy cottage nothing matches and everything is wonderful twist....I am going to match each item up w/ something or someone a bit more classy and dignified. Hmmm, but it is not so challenging if I pair the two up myself... how about if I put them in a hat, and surprise readers and myself with the random selections?! Hey rocky watch me pull an altered art project out of my hat! Hehe.

And the best part about this challenge is....new blog...only perhaps one follower (love you Sharlotte!!!) so not too embarrassing or scary ;)

If you do happen upon my blog...and you would like to submit ideas for either list, please do! List 1 the supplies, list 2- the theme.

So far for list one: toilet paper roll, construction paper, egg carton, tissue paper, finger paint, crayons, pipe cleaners, tacky beads, those little pom pom thingies, safety pins, paper clips, rubber cement, paste, masking tape (I must used over 20 rolls of my grandma's masking tape over the years), chalk, paper mache, homemade playdoh, store bought playdoh, oatmeal container, shoebox, yarn, candy wrapper, comic paper, pressed flowers, pressed leaves (remember...in waxed paper!!), smiley face stickers, star stickers....

List two: Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe, Jane Austin, Henry David Thoreau, Psalms, Proverbs, Martin Luther, Ancient hymns- Be Thou my Vision, Be still my soul, Shakespeare, ancient Celtic crosses, Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Queen Victoria, the Victorian era, the Renaissance, Bach, Beethoven, Chaucer, Greek, Roman Mythology......


giggle giggle....this is going to be fun ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh, fabulous!!! A welcome break so you have time to play!!
    Awesome!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check back in and see what you've come up with. Sounds interesting and fun. :-)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete